John P. Ford
John Ford was born in San Angelo, Texas in 1943. He graduated cum laude in 1965 with a bachelor’s degree from Hillsdale College. He earned his law degree from Washington and Lee, graduating in 1968. He was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 1968, the US Supreme Court in 1973, the South Carolina Bar in 1974, the SC Federal District Court in 1977, and the US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1987.
Mr. Ford was a special agent with the FBI from 1969 to 1974. He joined the Bryan Law Firm as an associate in 1980 and became a partner in 1981. His practice focused primarily on personal injury.
From 1997 to 1999, Mr. Ford served with the Commission on Lawyer Conduct as well as the Disciplinary Committee of the South Carolina Bar. He began serving on the Board of Governors for the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association in 1996. He was the President of the Sumter County Bar in 2001.
- Michigan Bar, 1968
- US Supreme Court, 1973
- South Carolina Bar, 1974
- SC Federal District Court, 1977
- US Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1987
- Hillsdale College, 1965
- Washington and Lee University, 1968
- Sumter County Bar Association (President, 2001)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1996-)
- Assistant Disciplinary Counsel, Commission on Lawyer Conduct, The Supreme Court of South Carolina (1997-1999)
- South Carolina Bar, Disciplinary Committee (1997-1999)
Call the Bryan Law Firm today, 803-775-1263 or toll free 1-866-589-8857
Including automobile wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, bicycle wrecks, tractor-trailer wrecks, slip and fall, and wrongful death
Including Family Law Mediation, Circuit Court Mediation and Probate Court Mediation