Thomas M. Bultman
Thomas Bultman, a Sumter native, graduated with Honors from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, in 1975 with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science. He then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law. He graduated and was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 1978. Tommy is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, U.S. Tax Court, and Court of Veterans Affairs, and he is also certified as a Family Law Mediator.
Tommy joined the firm as an associate in 1987 and became a partner in 1992. Prior to joining the firm, Tommy was Assistant Solicitor for the Third Judicial Circuit. He currently serves as the firm’s managing partner. His practice focuses primarily on family law, VA disability, Social Security Disability, and personal injury.
Tommy is a Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He served as Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, President-Elect, President and Immediate Past President for the South Carolina Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Tommy is a member of National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) and National Organization of Veterans Advocates (NOVA). He is a frequent lecturer at South Carolina Bar’s Continuing Legal Education Programs on Family Law.
Tommy received the South Carolina Pro Bono Service Award in 1989 and was named as a Super Lawyer in Family Law by Super Lawyers in 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, in addition to receiving other awards and recognition.
Tommy is a member of the Sumter County Rotary and is also a member of St. James Lutheran Church.
- South Carolina Bar, 1978
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- The Citadel, 1975
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 1978
- Sumter County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- National Organization of Veterans’ Affairs
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- South Carolina Chapter of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Assistant Solicitor, Third Judicial Circuit
- Sumter Rotary Club – Member 1982-present (Treasurer 1983-1987; Board of Directors 1987-1995 and 1998-1999; Secretary 1991-1992; President 1993-1994; Past President Representative to the Board 2000)
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Sunset Country Club Board of Directors – Member 2000-2003 (Secretary 2001-2003; Executive Committee 2001-2003)
- Sumter Sertoma Club (Board of Directors 1980-1981)
- Sumter Citadel Club (Treasurer 1989-1995)
- Salvation Army Advisory Board 1983-1989
- Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club Board 1987-1989
- Wilson Hall School Board Member 1992-1998 (Chairman 1994-1998)
University of South Carolina Sumter Partnership Board 1998-2003 (Vice-President 2000-2002; President 2002-2003)
Areas of Practice:
Call the Bryan Law Firm today, 803-775-1263 or toll free 1-866-589-8857
Including automobile wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, bicycle wrecks, tractor-trailer wrecks, slip and fall, and wrongful death