John R. Moorman
John Moorman was born and raised in Cheraw, South Carolina. He graduated magna cum laude from Presbyterian College in 1999 with a bachelor’s degree in History with Honors as well as minors in French and International Studies. John graduated from the University of South Carolina, School of Law and was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 2003. While at the University of South Carolina, School of Law, John was selected as a member of the Moot Court Bar and the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court and served as the President of the student chapter of the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association, now known as the South Carolina Association for Justice.
John is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, he is also certified as a Mediator. John became an associate with the Bryan Law Firm in 2007 and became a partner in 2009.
Prior to joining the Bryan Law Firm, John served as an Assistant Solicitor in the Lexington County Solicitor’s Office. His practice focuses primarily on personal injury, worker’s compensation, insurance disputes, and criminal defense. In addition to practicing in these areas, John has briefed and argued cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
John is very involved in the Sumter community. He is a member of the Shaw-Sumter Community Council, Sumter Sertoma Club, where he currently serves as President, and the Sumter Touchdown Club. He is a member of First Presbyterian Church where he has served as a Moderator and Secretary of the Board of Deacons and where he currently serves as an Elder. John and his wife, Anna, live in Sumter and are the proud parents of two daughters, Caroline and Mary Taylor.
- South Carolina Bar, 2003
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Presbyterian College, 1999
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 2003
- Sumter County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association, House of Delegates member
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Education Association
- Injured Workers’ Advocates
- Assistant Solicitor Lexington County Solicitor’s Office
- Shaw-Sumter Community Council
- Sumter Sertoma Club
- Sumter Touchdown Club
Areas of Practice: